Terms & conditions
The contract of our terms and conditions of sale is governed by French law. In the event of litigation, the courts of Paris shall be solely competent.
1.1 The aim of the present terms and conditions of sale is to determine relations between the company Éditions Diane de Selliers presenting the Ramayana project (Éditions Diane de Selliers, SARL with assets of 150,000 euros – R.C.S Paris B 415 204 759 – TVA FR 41 415 204 759, whose registered office is located at 19 rue Bonaparte 75006 Paris on the one hand and its clients on the other.
1.2 The company Éditions Diane de Selliers reserves the right to modify the present terms and conditions of sale at any time. The modifications will thus be applicable to all subsequent orders.
2.1 The price of our book is indicated in US dollars exclusive of any applicable sale taxes that may be added to you order.
2.2 For all books sent outside the United States of America and European Union, customs duties and/or other local taxes (local VAT, import duties, etc.) are likely to be payable and are not the responsibility of ramayanabook.org. They will be payable by you and will be your entire responsibility, in terms of both declarations and payments to the competent authorities of your country. We advise you to ask your local authorities for information about these issues.
2.3 All orders, whatever their origin, are invoiced and payable in US dollars. For other currencies, please contact us.
2.4 ramayanabook.org reserves the right to modify its prices at any time, but books will be billed on the basis of the prices in force at the time you validate your order.
Orders may be placed in the following ways:
- By bank transfer on the following account
- By credit card or paypal on the website: www.ramayanabook.org
- By post, accompanied by your payment by cheque payable to Éditions Diane de Selliers or by credit card:
- By telephone: +33 (0)1 188.8.131.52
Orders will be processed as quickly as possible after receipt of payment.
Please note that you will receive your book(s) upon publishing. Anticipated release date : early 2016.
Validation of the terms and conditions of sale
- You declare that you have read and accepted the present terms and conditions of sale before placing your order. The validation of your order thus constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions of sale.
- Unless proven otherwise, the data recorded by ramayanabook.org constitute proof of all the financial transactions between ramayanabook.org and its clients.
- The present terms and conditions of sales may be modified at any time without prior notice. Every order placed before a modification remains subject to the conditions in force on the date on which it was placed.
6.1 General remarks
- Please note that you will receive your book(s) upon publishing. Anticipated release date : early 2016.
- ramayanabook.org cannot guarantee a precise delivery date. The information given by the buyer when the order was placed bind him or her: in the event of error in the wording of the addressee’s details (surname, first name, street number and name, city name, telephone number or e-mail address), the seller cannot be held responsible if it is impossible to deliver the product.
- If shipment is delayed, you will be sent an e-mail to inform you of any eventual changes to the indicated delivery date.
- The merchandise should be inspected by the client upon delivery.
- You should notify the carrier and ramayanabook.org of all reservations about the book delivered (e.g., damaged package, opened package, etc.). In the cases specified in article 9 below, you may benefit from the conditions of exchange and refund provided for by this article.
Payment of purchases may be made in the following ways:
- By bank transfer on the following account
- By credit card or paypal on the site ramayanabook.org
- By post, accompanied by your payment by cheque payable to Éditions Diane de Selliers
- By telephone: +33 (0) 1 184.108.40.206
- To guard against fraudulent use of your credit card, ramayanabook.org uses a SSL secure payment system, currently the safest and most widespread security protocol.
- Your bank details are directly encrypted. We do not store bank details.
Satisfied or your money back – Right of retraction
9.1 In accordance with the legal provisions in force, you have seven days from the reception of your books to exercise your right of retraction without having to give a reason or pay a penalty.
If you choose to return your order within the above time limit, only the price of the book(s) purchased and delivery costs will be reimbursed, but not the return shipping costs.
Returns should be made in their original and complete state (packaging, accessories, manual, etc.) so that they may be resold and accompanied by a copy of the invoice.
Books damaged or soiled by the client will not be accepted.
Please contact us to get the return address of the nearest warehouse to your place.
Conformity of the books
- We will refund or exchange books that are evidently defective, damaged, or that do not correspond to your order. In this case, please send us a detailed written description and return the book(s). ramayanabook.org will then either, as you prefer, exchange or refund the book(s). Delivery and return shipping costs will be reimbursed on presentation of receipts.
- Refunds of books in the cases set out in articles 9 and 10 will be made as quickly as possible and at the latest thirty days following the date a refund was requested. Refunds will be made by crediting the client’s bank account or by cheque made out in the client’s name.
- If you have any questions, please use the contact form on the site. We will reply within five working days.
- All of the texts, commentaries, books, illustrations, works and images of the book on ramayanabook.org are controlled by global copyright and intellectual property laws.
- In this respect and in accordance with the provisions of the intellectual property laws, only private use subject to differing or more restrictive provisions of intellectual property legislation is authorised. Any full or partial reproduction or representation of the site or of all or some of the elements found on the site editionsdianedeselliers.com is strictly forbidden.
Exclusion of liability
The photographs illustrating the products are not contractual. If errors or colour defects appear, in no event will the company Éditions Diane de Selliers / Ramayanabook be liable.
Nor can it be held liable for the content of the Internet sites linked to from its own site.
Governing laws – Disputes
- The mail-order or e-commerce sales on editionsdianedeselliers.com are exclusively governed by French domestic law, excluding the Vienna Convention on the international sale of goods.
- The present contract is governed by French law.
- The language of the present contract is English.
- In the event of litigation, the courts of Paris shall be solely competent.
Your personal information and data are required to process your order and for our trade relations. They may be transmitted to companies contributing to these relations such as those responsible for the processing, execution, handling and payment of orders. This information and data are also conserved for security purposes, in accordance with legal and regulatory obligations (legal record-keeping requirement: 10 years) and in order to allow us to improve and personalise the services we offer and the information we send.